- Multiple Dates01 Jun, 14:30 – 17:00Zoom Online TutorialJoin me for an extended stumpwork course where you will learn a whole range of skills. We will be looking at how to create leaves, berries and acorns with beads and slips, various types of needlelace, buttonhole courronnes, Point de France crowns and much, much more!
- 10 Mar, 15:00 – 21:00 GMTZoom eventBlackwork is a historic technique that has been developed by the RSN to become a form of tonal stitching. We will start by looking at the history of Blackwork. You will explore technical elements of how to break down an image and produce the relevant guides and tonal drawings in order to create.
- 23 Feb, 15:00 – 21:00 GMTZoom Online TutorialJoin me for a day of learning about Canvas Work Embroidery. We will look at the history of canvas work as well as contemporary canvas work. We will think about how best to create a good piece of canvas work and work with images of your choice. We will also look at some simple samples.
- 19 Feb, 03:00 – 21:00 GMTZoom eventThis workshop will introduce you to the history, influences and motifs of Jacobean Crewelwork design. We will look at historic pieces, as well as more modern pieces recently stitched at the RSN. You will learn how to build an image containing all the components required for a Jacobean Design.
- Sold Out17 Feb, 10:00 – 16:00Zoom Online TutorialJoin me for a day of learning about Canvas Work Embroidery. We will look at the history of canvas work as well as contemporary canvas work. We will think about how best to create a good piece of canvas work and work with images of your choice. We will also look at some simple sampling.
- 24 Jan, 12:15 GMT – 26 Jan, 14:15 GMTKnuston Hall, Wellingborough NN29 7EU, UKJoin me for this beautiful jewel encrusted Bumble Bee in goldwork. The design combines both goldwork and creative stitch techniques. This is a very pretty design and gives the stitcher plenty of opportunity to learn a variety of stitches. You may feel you want to also work on your own project.
- 11 Jan, 10:30 – 10:35RHS Garden Wisley, Woking GU23 6PY, UKJoin me at the glorious RHS Wisley Gardens to learn how to sew these charming Jane Austen Rose Buttons. You'll learn how to create bullion rose and rosebuds, along with a number of other stitches in order to create your own buttons. You can follow the examples or be creative and develop your own.